Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions.
Information you provide to us in Feedback (including your contact details): we may collect any and all personal information you provide to us, like your Mi Account ID, mobile phone number, email address, feedback, and any other information you provide us solely for the purpose of solving your problems.
Information specific to you that may be assigned by us: we may collect and use information such as your Mi Account ID.
We may collect other types of information which are not linked to an individual and which is anonymous. For example, the frequency of specific service was used. Such information is collected in order to improve the services we provide to you and retained only for 1 year, and such information will only be collected and conducted in the form of percentage . The type and amount of information collected will depend on how you use, opt-in or participate in our products and/or services.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
• Providing, processing, maintaining, improving and developing our goods and/or services to you, including after-sales and customer support and for services on your device or through our websites.
• Communicating with you about your device, service or any general queries, such as updates, customer inquiry support, information about our events, notices.
• Conducting marketing related activities, such as providing marketing and promotional materials and updates. For more information on marketing and promotional activities, please refer to the Direct Marketing section below.
• Providing your behavior analysis for you to view.
• Analysing and developing statistical information on use of our products and services to better improve our products and services.
• Storing and maintaining information about you for our business operations or legal obligations.
We may use your name, phone number, and email address, Mi Account ID and IMEI number to provide marketing materials to you relating to goods and services of Yeelight companies and our business partners which offer network, mobile applications and cloud products and services. To provide better user experience, we may recommend above-mentioned products, services and activities based on information about your purchase history, website browsing history, birthday, age, gender, and location. We will only so use your personal data after we have obtained your consent or indication of no objection in accordance with local data protection laws, which may require separate explicit consent. You have the right to opt out of our proposed use of your personal data for direct marketing. If you no longer wish to receive certain types of email communications you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each communication. We will not transfer your personal data to our business partners for use by our business partners in direct marketing.
• What information is collected and how do we use them? Technologies such as cookies, tags, and scripts are used by Yeelight and our Third Party Service Providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
• Log Files: As true of most websites, we gather certain information and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we gather about you.
• Mobile Analytics: Within some of our mobile applications we use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where crashes occur within the application. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile application.
We do not sell any personal information to third parties.
We may disclose your personal information on occasion to third parties (as described below) in order to provide the products or services that you have requested.
Disclosure may be made to Third Party Service Providers and affiliated companies listed in this section below. In each case described in this section, you can be assured that Yeelight will only share your personal information in accordance with your consent. You should know that when Yeelight shares your personal information with a Third Party Service Provider under any circumstance described in this section, Yeelight will contractually specify that the third party is subject to practices and obligations to comply with applicable local data protection laws. Yeelight will contractually ensure compliance by any Third Party Service Providers with the privacy standards that apply to them in your home jurisdiction.
In order to conduct business operations smoothly in providing you with the full capabilities of our products and services, we may disclose your personal information from time to time to other Yeelight affiliated companies (in communications, social media, technology or cloud businesses), or our third party service providers which are our mailing houses, delivery service providers, telecommunications companies, data centres, data storage facilities, customer service providers, advertising and marketing service providers, and Yeelight’s representatives. Such Third Party Service Providers would be processing your personal information on Yeelight’s behalf or for one or more of the purposes listed above. If you no longer wish to allow us to share this information, please contact us at privacy@Yeelight.com.
Xiaomi works together with a cool group of companies, which together form the Mi Ecosystem. The Mi Ecosystem companies are independent entities, invested and incubated by Xiaomi, and are experts in their fields. Yeelight may disclose your personal data to the Xiaomi or other Mi Ecosystem companies so as to provide you with and improve the exciting products and services (both hardware and software) from the Mi Ecosystem. Some of these products and services will still be under the Yeelight brand, while others may use their own brand. If Yeelight is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any changes in ownership, uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Yeelight may disclose your personal information without further consent when required under applicable law.
We may share anonymised information and statistics in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes, for example with advertisers on our website, we may share them trends about the general use of our services, such as the number of customers in certain demographic groups who purchased certain products or who carried out certain transactions.
For the avoidance of doubt, Yeelight may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent if it is and only to the extent it is allowed explicitly under local data protection laws. Such disclosure may be brought about by the necessity to protect our rights, ensure the safety of you and other people, and comply with the requirements of the local government to facilitate the investigations of illegal activities.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure or other similar risks, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on your mobile device and on Yeelight websites. We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information.
For example, when you access your Mi Account, you can choose to use our two-step verification process for better security. When you send or receive data from your Yeelight device to our servers, we make sure they are encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") and other algorithms.
All your personal information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. We classify your data based on importance and sensitivity, and ensure that your personal information has the highest security level. We make sure that our employees and Third Party Service Providers who access the information to help provide you with our products and services are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet such obligations. We have special access controls for cloud based data storage as well. All in all, we regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against any unauthorised access and use.
We will take all practicable steps to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure, and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
• You can play your part in safeguarding your personal information by not disclosing your login password or account information to anybody unless such person is duly authorised by you. Whenever you log in as a Mi Account user on Yeelight websites, particularly on somebody else's computer or on public Internet terminals, you should always log out at the end of your session.
• Yeelight cannot be held responsible for lapses in security caused by third party accesses to your personal information as a result of your failure to keep your personal information private. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you must notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security.
• Your assistance will help us protect the privacy of your personal information.
Personal information will be held for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. We shall cease to retain personal information, or remove the means by which the personal information can be associated with particular individuals, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for which that personal information was collected is no longer being served by retention of the personal information, including the cases when the personal information is no longer required for resolving legal disputes, applying our Agreements, or achieving our business goals.
For clarity , you have full right to determine when to delete your feedback and Information you provide to us in Feedback (including your contact details) for solving your problem,if you detele it, we will not keep it anymore . What’s for, the frequency of specific service was used is collected in order to improve the services we provide to you and retained only for 1 year.
Our applications may need access to certain features on your device such as enabling emails to contacts, SMS storage and Wi-Fi network status, as well as other features. This information is used to allow the applications to run on your device and allow you to interact with the applications. At any time you may revoke your permissions by turning these off at the device level or contacting us at email@example.com
Yeelight recognises that privacy concerns differ from person to person. Therefore, we provide examples of ways Yeelight makes available for you to choose to restrict the collection, use, disclosure or processing of your personal information and control your privacy settings:
• Log in and out of the Mi Account;
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for the abovementioned purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• You have the right to request access to and/or correction of any other personal information that we hold about you. When you update your personal information, you will be asked to verify your identity before we proceed with your request. Once we obtain sufficient information to accommodate your request for access to or correction of your personal information, we shall proceed to respond to your request within any timeframe set out under your applicable data protection laws.
• We normally provide such services for free but reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for your data access request.
• If you would like to request access to your personal data held by us or if you believe any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete or if you believe any information we are holding on you is inappropriate or excessive, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the email address below. Email: email@example.com.
• For details relating to the personal information, you may also access and change them at https://cloud-us.yeelight.com/consumer/privacy-data.
• You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information in our possession or control by submitting a request. This may be done with Yeelight application. We will process your request within a reasonable time from when the request was made, and thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal information as per your request.
• Please recognise that your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences. Depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your personal information, it may mean that you will not be able to enjoy Yeelight products and services.
To the extent that we may need to transfer personal information outside of your jurisdiction, whether to our affiliated companies (which are in the communications, social media, technology and cloud businesses) or Third Party Service Providers, we shall do so in accordance with the applicable laws. In particular, we will ensure that all transfers will be in accordance with requirements under your applicable local data protection laws by putting in place appropriate safeguards.
We consider it the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s use of our products and services. Nevertheless, it is our policy not to require personal information from minors or offer to send any promotional materials to persons in that category.
Yeelight does not seek or intend to seek to receive any personal information from minors. Should a parent or guardian have reasons to believe that a minor has provided Yeelight with personal information without their prior consent, please contact us to ensure that the personal information is removed and the minor unsubscribes from any of the applicable Yeelight services.
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may be able to log in to our website using sign-on services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity, provide you the option to share certain personal information (such as your name and email address) with us, and to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this website to your profile page to share with others within your network.
Qingdao Yeelink Information Technology Co., Ltd.
F10-B4, Bldg.B, International Innovation Park, 1# Keyuanweiyi Rd., Laoshan, Qingdao, 266101, Shandong, China